The President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ebrahim Raisi signed a Joint Statement, which enshrines the main agreements and defines the long-term tasks for further enhansing the multifaceted cooperation between the two countries.
As a result of the negotiations, the bilateral agreements and memorandums were signed. These are:
– an agreement on the simplification of visa procedures for the representatives of business and scientific circles, as well as the tourist groups;
– an agreement on mutual exemption from the visa requirements of holders of diplomatic passports;
– a program of tourism cooperation for 2022-2025;
– a memorandum of understanding in the fields of science, technology and innovation;
– a memorandum on the exchange of electronic customs information on the movement of goods and vehicles across the customs border;
– a memorandum on the exchange of electronic information regarding E-TIR;
– a memorandum of cooperation in the fields of science, research, education and technology;
– a memorandum on the environmental issues and environmental protection;
– an agreement between the Ministries of Agriculture;
– a memorandum of cooperation in the field of healthcare, treatment, research, education, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment;
– a memorandum of cooperation in the field of sports;
– a memorandum of cooperation in the fields of oil, gas and petrochemicals;
– a memorandum on the implementation of international cargo transportation and transit through the «Chabahar» port;
– a program of cooperation between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs for 2022-2024;
– a memorandum on employment and labor relations.
The documents were also signed between the Abu Rayhan Beruniy Institute of Oriental Studies of Uzbekistan and the Organization of the Archive and the National Library of the Islamic Republic of Iran, as well as the Ibn Sina funds of the two countries.